Global Experts Driving Customer Engagement for US Convenience Retailers
Liquid Barcodes, Europe’s leading loyalty marketing platform for convenience retailers, today announced its launch in North America. This milestone is a major move for the marketing technology company that already boasts an impressive client list across Europe and Asia including 7 Eleven, Circle K, Shell Oil, Red Bull and Coca Cola.
Headquartered in Norway, Liquid Barcodes specializes in the fuel and convenience sector across Europe, Asia and now North America. Their platform offers a flexible customer engagement solution that can manage a retailer’s complete loyalty program or simply plug and play into any existing program. Their approach is unique and uses the latest gamification techniques.
This news follows recent milestones by the company including:
- Promotion and transfer of senior executive Saurabh Swarup to lead the firm’s US business. Swarup will be responsible for growing the US business.
- The appointment of industry expert advisors including Bob Stein, former President & CEO of Kalibrate Technologies and Dairy Mart Convenience Stores, Dan Munford, Director of Global Convenience Store Focus, and Christian Warning, former Executive with Shell Germany and the NACS representative for German-speaking markets.
- Liquid Barcodes has also been announced as a key member of the team advising Conexxus (the technology division of NACS) in their strategy to define, develop and implement the latest API standards for digital marketing in US convenience retail.
Commenting on the US market entry, Mats Danielsen, CEO at Liquid Barcodes said:
“As the world’s largest convenience market, we’ve had incredible interest from US retailers who are looking for new technology partners to manage their customer communications and loyalty marketing programs. With our unique “customer connection cycle”, retail stores are quickly and easily empowered with the leading-edge digital capabilities they need to drive customer behavior – both new and repeat traffic. This includes extensive engage, promote and reward capabilities to help drive more profitable shopping behaviors – whether it’s increasing frequency, interaction or basket spend.”
Bob Stein, as former president & CEO of Kalibrate Technologies (formerly KSS Fuels) and Dairy Mart Convenience Stores explains why he believes the platform will be so beneficial for US retailers. “Liquid Barcodes has developed a unique loyalty technology platform that is specific to the convenience store industry which engages customers to customize their experiences with retailers thereby creating loyalty for the retailer. This technology offering and its features are new and unique for US convenience retailers.”
Saurabh Swarup, General Manager added:
“We have had huge success in Europe and Asia with our loyalty marketing platform as it boasts a unique gamification approach that customers love. Our data capture and automated processes are sophisticated yet simple to use and the response we are getting here is already incredibly exciting. With some of our European and Asia customers we are already doing business in the US and we are excited to expand in the largest convenience retail market in the world.”
Saurabh Swarup, General Manager, Liquid Barcodes
Additional Notes and Facts to Editors:
- Liquid Barcodes was founded in Oslo, Norway in 2000.
- Key Executives include Mats Danielsen CEO and Saurabh Swarup, General Manager.
- Technology partnerships include Tableau, Kubernetes, Braintree and Paypal.
- Liquid Barcodes is a cloud-based platform hosted on Amazon Web Services.
- Liquid Barcodes has been a member of NACS for many years and features in their CEO Roundtable Interviews. These RetailVision TV videos are recorded live from the NACS Shows with senior industry leaders. Hosted by Dan Munford, they feature Liquid Barcodes CEO Mats Danielsen and Shell, 7-Eleven and Applegreen in 2017, EG Group, Puma Energy and Applegreen in 2018.
Liquid Barcodes is a leading global loyalty and digital marketing technology company specialized for the convenience store and foodservice industries. Our proprietary cloud-based technology platform allow retailers to create and manage their digital marketing campaigns with a proprietary process we call the “customer connection cycle’ to engage, promote and reward customers activities in real-time across digital and media channels.
How we do it:
We have developed the most advanced loyalty and digital marketing technology platform specifically for convenience store and foodservice retailers globally.
Retailers use our self-service dashboard to create and manage loyalty driven marketing campaigns that increase purchases with their existing customers, as well as effectively target and acquire new customers through partners or paid media channels.
One core component of live loyalty is gamification. We have gamified branding, loyalty and promotions. We believe this approach is essential in order to get customers’ attention and ultimately truly engage them with repeatable actions thereby winning their loyalty.
Check out some of our exciting/proven results here:
Chief Content Officer, Liquid Barcodes and Independent Loyalty Consultant
With over twenty-five years marketing experience, I specialise in loyalty marketing consulting, managing consumer loyalty propositions, strategy and operations. In addition to working with Liquid Barcodes, my clients have included Telefonica O2, Three Mobile, Electric Ireland, Allied Irish Bank and The Entertainer, as well as Avios – the global points currency for some of the world’s top airlines. I am also a judge for the Loyalty Magazine Awards.