We are looking for a AWS Infrastructure Devops Engineer in our office at The Green Ray building in Málaga. We are considering senior, middle and junior levels.
Please apply if this is you:
- You want to be part of developing a world-class loyalty platform for retailers and brands
- You want to be part of creating a great place to work for developers – in Malaga
- You want to work in a Norwegian tech company where all communication is in English
Liquid Barcodes is a leading systems provider that works with retailers and brands across multiple geographies. With clients such as 7-Eleven and Coca-Cola and a fully scalable cloud based technology our ambition is to be the most advanced loyalty partner for the convenience retail industry. We help retailers and brands across the globe drive loyalty and customer engagement.
Devops Engineer responsibilities are platform stability, performance and scalability. We want a flawless, automatic and scalable operation and have partnered with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Areas of responsibility
- Continuously contribute to drive the internal agenda of building a self-service, automatic, flawless and scalable operation by identifying development needs/opportunities.
- Responsible for Amazon Web Services (including EC2, VPC, RDS, Route53, SNS, S3, Cloudfront, ECS, Elasticache, Elasticsearch, Workspaces, Workmail). Checking AWS monitoring for services, like RDS/Elasticache, to ensure performance/resources are sufficient.
- EC2 self-hosted infrastructure including Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, MongoDB (administration, maintenance, monitoring, backup, recovery)
- Security of office local network including VPN access for employees working from home, approve/revoke client VPN certificates, maintenance of VPN software.
- AWS security, including VPN access to VPC subnets, approve/revoke client VPN certificates, maintenance of VPN software.
- Traffic monitoring and development logs (currently Elasticsearch and Kibana). Monitoring, maintaining and improving them.
- Improvements to our automated monitoring software.
- Bulk data synchronization processes for example for Tableau.
- Respond to infrastructure related incidents and resolve root causes.
- CI/CD infrastructure (Jenkins) in cooperation with development team.
- Reduce AWS costs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of the Linux operating system and administration.
- In-depth knowledge of web Standards (REST APIs, HTTP, HTTPS/TLS) and web server technologies such as Nginx or Apache.
- Understanding of the network fundamentals: OSI, TCP/IP, topologies, etc.
- Production experience with Amazon AWS, including: EC2, VPC, load balancing ALB/ELB, RDS.
- Production experience with Kubernetes and/or AWS EKS.
- Comfortable with large-scale, highly-available distributed systems
- Self-driven, structured, analytical and reliable
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Good English communications skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Kubernetes experience in context of AWS, e.g. AWS EKS, AWS Fargate.
- AWS experience/knowledge of EKS and other Kubernetes related AWS offerings.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins.
- Experience with Amazon`s AI products.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience maintaining and scaling database applications.
- Programming skills.
Liquid Barcodes offers
- Permanent employment
- An exciting opportunity in an innovative tech company focusing on the mobile marketing of tomorrow.
- An opportunity to significantly impact the future success of the company
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive terms.
- Nice office locations in The Green Ray (Avenida Louis Pasteur 47, Malaga).
Hey! We are the ones you will meet in the interviews. Look forward to meet you!